Monday, February 9, 2009

Lucky Girl(s)


This past month Abbie and the other girls in her Activity Day Group have been preparing for the much anticipated Daddy-Daughter Date.
One week they planned the activity, the next they made invitations, and the next they made lasagna to freeze until the appointed day.
Abbie was looking forward to having dad all to herself, since this doesn't happen very often. Abbie and I kind of got caught up in the moment looking for an outfit, the right shoes and doing her hair, in the middle of the fun Katie came in with her church shoes and ask if she could wear them, I said yes and she proceeded to put them on. I didn't think anything of her choice of footwear and I went on with my business.
When Joseph came home I started taking photos of Abbie and Joseph. Katie slid in next to Joseph to have her picture taken with them. Once again I'm kind of clueless and go on with the "photo shoot". Then Abbie and Joseph started out the door and Kate had a melt down...it broke my heart once I thought about it. She had put on her best shoes thinking she was going to get in on this big night too. We sat her down to explain that it was just Abbie and Dad that were going on the date (that didn't go over too well.) So...being the good daddy Joseph is he promised when he got home he would take her out on her out for ice cream. Hooray, dad saves the day again.

4 comments:

Goodrich said...

You have quite the husband Rob. You two are blessed to have each other. LOVE YA

renhallows said...

it's amazing how different Abbie and little Katie look. THose girls are both beauties!

laceeJ said...

I can see a bit of Bristol in Katie...all are cute girls! :)

loriallen said...

See, that's not a problem here. Since we only have on girl all I would have had to do was ask my boy that was having the meltdown if he was a girl to be the daughter??? I'm pretty sure they would need some heavy therapy, but I bet it would work! That is sad to have another one have a meltdown. Especially when they are tat pretty!

-FROM SMALL BEGINNINGS COME GREAT THINGS-