In Augu
st Joseph and I packed our bags and headed out on a grand adventure. Well, it really wasn't much of an adventure it was more like a grand tour of relaxation and leisure. Which in my opinion is even better! We traveled to Charleston, South Carolina and then on to Kiawah Island just a 30 minute drive from downtown Charleston. The resort on Kiawah is amazing and very exclusive. Oh-by the way Beneficial Financial payed the tab, so that's why we were able to stay in such a haughty taughty place. Here's a little bit of info. about the resort. Unless you are staying or working at the resort or one of the bungalow's or are a resident (there are only 500) you are not permitted on the island. So as you can imagine the miles of b
eaches are quite bare. The thing I loved the most about the beaches was the water was so warm (86 degrees) and you could walk out over 100 feet and the water was just chest level. A perfect beach for kids! Too bad our kids parents (me) are too cheap to take them there.
While we were gone Abbie got a bit homesick for us and called several times a day. It was so nice to hear her voice and know that we were missed. On one of these phone calls she was pretty sad so I asked her what I could do to help her feel better. She replied "Mom just go the beach and call me so that I can hear the waves." Oh-what a sweetheart.
eaches are quite bare. The thing I loved the most about the beaches was the water was so warm (86 degrees) and you could walk out over 100 feet and the water was just chest level. A perfect beach for kids! Too bad our kids parents (me) are too cheap to take them there.
While we were gone Abbie got a bit homesick for us and called several times a day. It was so nice to hear her voice and know that we were missed. On one of these phone calls she was pretty sad so I asked her what I could do to help her feel better. She replied "Mom just go the beach and call me so that I can hear the waves." Oh-what a sweetheart.
We had a wonderful time touring Kiawah Island and the city of Charleston, but we had even more fun touring the restaurants. We didn't have a bad meal the entire time we were gone. The food was amazing as you can see by the photos-Abbie wanted us to take a picture of all of the stores and all of the food so she could see for herself all of the fun stuff we did. While were were there we saw alligators, a dolphin, a turtle, pelicans, and a snake. It was weird walking down the paths and looking out and seeing an alligator sunning on the golf course or laying in a marsh. Wild!

We loved visiting the South and eating their food, but I was so glad to get back to the dry deserts of Southern Utah. I thought there was a good chance that I was going to melt into the sidewalk. The humidity didn't seem to bother the people from South Carolina I guess they get used to it, just like we get used to the heat. Besides while we were there we learned that Southern women don't sweat or perspire-they "glow." Let me tell you if that's the case if I would have walked into a dark room I would have lit the place up. Holy glow!
1 comment:
I am so glad to see those pictures from your trip. It looks like you had a ball. I love all the extra info about the island, my kind of stuff! I love this bloggers stuff...it helps me keep updated on my sisters. Keep it comin'
Post a Comment