Thursday, September 6, 2007

Pirate Boy



Last week in the early morning hours I went outside to do a little weeding in the pumpkin patch. I looked up a couple of minutes later and here came my little Nathy Boy to keep me company.


He starts out with "What ya doin' mom?" I reply "Oh I'm just weeding the pumpkin patch so we can get some big pumpkins for Halloween." "That's (s)pooky" he says. We start talking about trick or treating and then I ask the question that leads me into this whole entry-"So Nathan what do you want to dress up like for Halloween?" Without missing a beat he says "I'm gonna be a ghost pirate." I make a mental note to limit his time watching Scooby Doo.


The rest of that day he keeps talking about being a pirate and wanting to be one right now! So about noon I grab my multi-purpose black eye liner and draw a "patch" on his eye, a mustache on his cute little lip and wrap a bandana around his head and in an instant he went from being a cute little boy to a darling little pirate. I thought that his new obsession with being a pirate would be over that day, but at bath time he cried because he didn't want his patch washed off. So I reapplied his patch and mustache then I snuggled up to him in bed, kissed his bandana clad head and in his drowsy little voice he said "Mama, no kiss me. I'm a pirate boy." and then he feel asleep dreaming sweet pirate dreams. Yo, ho, yo, ho, a pirates life for me....

1 comment:

renhallows said...

You are off to a great start. It's dang cute. Can't wait to keep reading about what's happening at your house. I don't feel so far away!

-FROM SMALL BEGINNINGS COME GREAT THINGS-