Monday, October 8, 2007

Brother's Retreat @ Park City




Monday morning we sent the big kids to school, gave instructions to the babysitter, kissed the little ones, and hit the road for Park City. Joseph and I caught a ride with Jared and Heidi which was really great because Jared's truck is cleaner than ours (barely) and we are too cheap to buy gas. (Just kidden'...our car is cleaner than his.) But, seriously it was fun to ride up and be able to visit with them. Jared is a very capable driver and Heidi is a very capable conversationalist. Good job guys!


We met at the Homestead and golfed 18 holes, the guys were nice enough to let me join them. It worked out well since John and Kami couldn't come up until later in the evening. So I got to golf and they had their foursome so nobody had to ride alone and of course I taught them a few new skills along the way. Everybody was happy-need I say more?


Melody and Heidi rode along for the first nine holes and cheered for us, I was the only one who really needed any cheerleaders because the guys were able to hold their own. They are all really great golfers (not too good at keeping score, but great golfers.) I mention the score thing not for their sake but for mine. They let me take a couple mulligans without counting them. Using Andrew's words of wisdom "nobody is paying you to golf, so do what you want to." Normally I wouldn't "cheat" but Andrew is much, much, much, older and a bit wiser than I so I did what he told me. Thanks Andew. Oh, by the way I did get my first birdie and yes it was legit! Hooray!

Monday night we went out to dinner and then back to Andrew and Melodi's room to eat chocolate, and watch a movie. Nobody made it all the way through the movie, we were all a little tired from golfing and traveling. Not to mention Jared was with us, and it was past 8:00 so Heidi had to take him back to the room to make sure he rinsed his dentures properly you know how old people get about their bedtime routine.


It was probably a good thing we all got some rest because on Tuesday the guys golfed 36 holes and we spent almost the entire day shopping, visiting, and laughing. Apparently Aaron hooked up with the guys at one of the courses. That was cool-all the brothers hanging out for a bit. We thought he might get to come and eat dinner with us but alas it was not meant to be. He had to go and get promoted. (It's nice that your priorities are straight Aaron! By the way congratulations!)

As you can tell by the photos the girls thought it was a shopping retreat I forgot my camera when we were golfing, but I remembered it when we were shopping and eating. All of the shopping was not just fun we actually had an assignment. We all had to search the racks to find the ugliest clothes and try them on. Well...let me say as the assignment giver Kami and Melodi both received failing grades, they were too busy trying on cute stuff to be bothered by my petty little assignment so let it be known Heidi not only received an A but she also got extra credit. Check out her outfits-woooweee that is one hot mama! We can only hope that next year Kami and Melodi will be a little bit less selfish and join in so we can laugh at them too.



We ate dinner that night at a restaurant called Redrock which is kind of weird since Park City isn't known for red rocks but hey whatever works. The food was really great so we'll let the name thing pass this time. After dinner we kept Elison tradition and partook of a little ice cream. Yummy! Wednesday morning the guys golfed again and we shopped again...I'm getting tired just thinking of that shopping. Next year I think I'll talk the guys into letting me golf with them on the last day. I'm pretty sure I would have been less tired golfing than I was shopping. Melodi, Kami, and Heidi are like slave drivers. I was worn out. Once the guys were done we all met for lunch, said our good-byes and headed home.
Like I said it was a brother's retreat or at least that's what they thought. You know how women can get men to think just about anything they want them to with a little feminine persuasion...

Can't wait for next years shopping, uh I mean"brother's retreat"!

1 comment:

renhallows said...

This looks like a ton of fun. I love the ugliest outfit task...you two would win if you were on "survivor". One more night on the island for you!

-FROM SMALL BEGINNINGS COME GREAT THINGS-