Monday, June 2, 2008

Keep Pedaling

July 2008 will mark the first annual Goulding Girl Bike Ride. 100 grueling miles across the unforgiving terrain of Southern Utah. No extra water, support car, or cell phone to save us, just seven helpless women and the harsh, burning, sun.
Umm...I may have gotten a little carried away I better try that again.
Here are the facts:
100 miles
2 days
7 strong, brilliant, and beautiful women (Sally (mom), Laurie, Robbie, Ren, Bug, Sis, and Nic)
1 capable support car (dad)
as much water as we can drink
excellent food
if that isn't enough...mom has massages scheduled for us. WE ARE SPOILED!
Hopefully this will become tradition, it would be awesome to have my daughters join me someday, of course by then mom might have to ride a tricycle(: J/K.
I know the ride will be amazing, but I've tried to really enjoy the journey. Each Saturday we try to go together on a long ride, it's been so much fun. We sing, laugh, pray, and talk as we pedal along trying to solve each others problems. When we can't do anymore talking and laughing we pedal along in silence realizing that we are stronger than we thought we were. Mostly because we know we have faith in each other and know that we are committed, not only to this crazy bike ride but to being sisters forever. Really that's what it's all about, helping each other become stronger and better. So to my sisters.....keep pedaling!

4 comments:

renhallows said...

2 in one week!! I love to read your posts...you are a writer. keep it up. By the way, can't wait for the ride, hope I can make it. Actually hope bug enjoys eating licorice in the truck with dad. Just kidding...I am not even involved in on this joke. So don't get mad bug!

Denise said...

Hi Robbie.

I too am amazed...2 in a week.

Is it a trend?

You can reach me at neeceebee@hotmail.com

Goodrich said...

Wow, all I can say is- my eyes are peeing!!! I can't believe that you made me cry, without ripping my underwear to give me a melvin.

laceeJ said...

i wish i would have married into that family to be a sista! wait....that would be incest right?

-FROM SMALL BEGINNINGS COME GREAT THINGS-